There are a plethora of reasons of buying a metal roof. Not every metal roof is identical to other. Most homeowners who perform the due diligence to learn about the metal roofing. Here are the types of metal roofs available.
- Copper metal roofs: They are appealing to the eyes. They can make any house look attractive and elegant at the same time. Copper is deemed to be a robust metal often coated in lead to give it luster. Copper is a costly metal and needs particular installation skills.
- Tin metal roofs: Tin is a robust metal when coated in molten tin, it becomes super strong. Its installations are costly and labor intensive. It also requires particular installations skills which require hiring a professional. The metal is weather resistant when installed properly.
- Aluminum metal roofs: These are often installed in wet climates. These roofs are rust-proof. It is also durable than other kinds of metal. They don’t need replacement when maintained properly.
- Galvalume metal roofs: This element is an outcome of steel coated with zinc and aluminum. It fixes some of the scratches easily.
- Galvanized steel roofs: This steel is installed in many forms that encompass shingles, single metal roof, and standing seam units. The roof is sturdy that doesn’t degrade.
Benefits of Metal Roofs
They are easily installable. A roofing company should always be on the job to avoid any injury and to accomplish the installation in a timely manner. Metal roofing is done in sections and is snapped together like a puzzle. The roofs are fire-, insects-, mildew- and rot-resistant. This kind of roof is very advantageous when installed by an expert.
Metal is comparatively lighter than other conventional asphalt roofs. As they are light in weight, it makes it possible to install a new roof over the current metal roof rather than removing the old roofing membrane. Metal roofs are easily sellable because it is fire-resistant and steel roofing is non-combustible. Hence, it is given an A class rating. This is the highest ranking of a roof.
It also reflects the radiant heat from the sun and this is why metal roofs are so famous. This reduces the heat gain and rapidly cuts down the cooling and heating costs. It also reduces the carbon footprints as well making this planet a better place to live on.